Sushi & Sashimi Cake

I made this for a friend's 40th birthday (they celebrated with dinner at a sushi restaraunt). The base is a 9"x13" cake that was iced in buttercream and then covered in fondant. The sushi pieces are mini-muffins that I frosted, wrapped in a thin black piece of fondant, and topped gumpaste rice (made with a garlic press). The sashimi pieces are gumpaste and sit on small cake slices that were iced in buttercream and then covered in fondant and wrapped with a thin black piece of fondant. The ramkin is a mini-muffin wrapped in gumpaste and topped off with black buttercream frosting to respresent the sauce. The chopsticks are gumpaste. TYFL!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tory said...
Friday, August 27, 2010

I have only had sushi once and LOVED it, but I think this cake would make me love it even more. LOL!

Anonymous said...
Friday, August 27, 2010

Karen! How ingenius! - Jann

Post a Comment