Luau Cake

I made this cake for a friend's Luau Party.  It was a lot of fun to make and it's perfect for those backyard get-togethers.  All you need is some tiki torches and a few good friends and you have an instant good time.

I was inspired by another cake that I saw on Cake Central. I used a 12"x8"x2" pan for the base and then carved it to form the bodice, the boobs are made using both halves of the Wilton sports ball pan set. I decorated it with a coconut bra and lei that I purchased from the dollare store. It's frosted in buttercream using the triple star tip for the bodice and tip #5 for the grass skirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
Friday, August 27, 2010

Love this! - Jann

Anonymous said...
Thursday, July 07, 2011

i used this cake for my daughters luau party! great job!

Post a Comment